Friday, November 21, 2014

VA Purchase 1st time home buyer


Brent Mendelson is an awesome loan officer. My husband and I knew we wanted to buy a home and use his VA loan benefits but we had no idea what was needed and how we should go about the process, so I posted a question on a home buyer’s forum. Brent responded to my question that same day and was very helpful. At that time my husband and I decided to wait a year and start the home buying process at the beginning of 2014. I reached out to Brent again in January 2014 and he responded to me immediately as if no time had lapsed. Brent went through our finances and my husband’s credit report and gave us some tips on how we could improve my husband’s credit score so we would be able to obtain pre approval for a home loan. My husband and I followed all of the steps Brent gave us and within six months we had improved my husband’s credit and we were able to get pre approval.

 Brent was very helpful throughout the months prior to my husband and I getting our pre approval and would answer any questions we had. Once we had our pre approval Brent even helped us to find a realtor in our local area where we wanted to buy. Since we were using the VA loan Brent advised us on what to look for when choosing a house and what the VA would look at when inspecting the property. While going through the home search Brent would call or email us regularly to check and see how things were going. We found a wonderful home after a couple of months of looking and Brent made sure the underwriting process was as smooth as possible. I had a lot of fears about the underwriting process and everything went much better than I expected. I would definitely recommend Brent Mendelson to anyone looking to purchase or refinance a home. My husband and I will definitely use his services again in the future.
 
Victoria S
Waldorf, MD

No comments:

Post a Comment